Your logo is the true first impression of your brand. Logos have been used for thousands of years to help people identify and trust groups by viewing a simple emblem.
One of the most recognized logos throughout history is the cross that symbolizes Christianity. Pirates raised a Jolly Roger logo on a black flag to signal that they were going to attack. In digital marketing, your logo dictates the look and feel of your website. Does your current logo inspire trust and credibility?
Logos are powerful and deeply rooted in human culture. A bad logo creates a visceral response to doubt the credibility or reputation of a firm. A great logo can inspire trust and create positive associations. It’s easy to think of a few logos that inspire positive feelings, such as the Geico Gecko, the Apple logo, or the Ritz-Carlton lion and crown.
Not only should your logo be well designed, it also needs to stay current. Most modern brands update their logo every 3-7 years, whether it’s a complete redesign or small updates, such as a typography or color change.
Logo Design Guidelines
When designing your new logo, it’s important to keep a few rules in mind to make sure your design will meet your marketing needs.
- Simple design is best. Research shows that the most memorable logos are simple and easy to identify from afar.
- Keep the lines clear. Be sure your logo is clear enough to be displayed on everything from a website to a coffee mug to a pen. Designs with too much detail become unclear in smaller sizes.
- Limit the number of colors. In order to keep the aesthetic of your website and marketing materials uncluttered, limit your logo to one or two colors. Since a website will also have a light or dark background color, the visitor will be hit with three colors at any one time, which can feel visually overwhelming.
- Be sure the design looks great on both a light and dark background. A versatile logo can be used on light or dark context and still retain its clarity.
- Get a single-color version. To use your logo on certain collateral, such as a metal name plate or apparel, one color printability comes in handy.
Our Logo Design Process
Our logo design process is special because we provide you with at least 12 versions of a new logo to choose from. When you select your favorite, you’ll have the chance to modify the final colors and text. Then we’ll deliver your final logo files and you retain 100% ownership.
Get started now on your logo for $499 today! Take a look at a before and after and some sample logos we’ve created below.