At Indigo Marketing Agency, we’re always looking for ways to better serve financial advisors. One way we do this is through an annual client survey.
On May 31, we sent out an email to our current clients asking them to fill out a 5-minute survey online. All the questions were open-ended to encourage advisors to give us feedback in their own words. Some of these questions were:
- How satisfied are you with our services?
- What do you value most about our services?
- What’s exciting about your business?
- What do you hear about our competition?
- In your own words, what does Indigo do for you?
It’s always scary asking clients how we’re doing, but I’m pleased to say that the results of our 2020 Client Survey were overwhelmingly positive! Here’s a rundown of the responses we received. If you would like to do a survey for your clients, please let us know and we’ll add it to your marketing calendar.
#1: How satisfied are you with our services?
Clients were asked to rate their satisfaction with Indigo on a scale of 1 to 10. After evaluating the responses, we’re excited to announce that the average score was 8 out of 10.
#2: What do you value most about our services?
Based on the feedback, it’s clear that there are three things advisors value most about our services:
1. We take the marketing work off your plate, so you can focus on what truly matters—helping your clients secure their financial futures.
- “You are taking a lot of the work off our plate.”
- “You save me time.”
- “Indigo takes marketing work off my plate so I can focus on working with clients.”
- “You free up more of my time.”
- “You handle the technology and writing that I’m not good at.”
2. We produce high-quality, relevant content that’s customized to your practice.
- “I value your knowledge of our industry and ability to deliver a timely article that grabs the reader’s attention.”
- “You have creative ideas and responsiveness.”
- “You guys are great at content creation and very willing to adapt and make new content when requested. Content is well written, well sourced, and customized to my practice.”
3. Our team offers excellent customer service.
- “The quality of the work you produce for me, it’s excellent. As well as the service from your team.”
- “Prompt response. Caring employees.”
- “High touch, easy access to your team.”
#3: What is exciting about your business?
Our clients are most excited that their businesses are still growing—even in the midst of a global pandemic and a financial crisis. These uncertain times have proven just how critical it is to have a strong digital marketing message.
Here’s a look at some individual responses to the question, “What is exciting about your business?”:
- “Working with you guys! The creation of my new webinar and my renewed focus on using life insurance for tax-efficient wealth transfer planning.”
- “Getting new business!”
- “Getting a lead from Google.”
- “Seeing new clients coming in.”
- “We’ve had lots of new interested prospects so far this year. Business is thankfully good during this downturn.”
- “The opportunity for growth given the uncertainty.”
- “The opportunity to grow with a specific targeted message.”
#4: What do you hear about our competition?
Most financial advisors say that our competition is too expensive and too generic for their needs. They like that Indigo produces content that’s 100% customized to their firm.
- “Other firms are expensive for what you get from them.”
- “You have competition? Seriously, haven’t really come across anyone that does the wide range of marketing that you do for independent advisors.”
- “They’re expensive, too generic.”
- “There is no competition to Indigo Marketing.”
#5: In your own words, what does Indigo do for you?
Once again, two themes emerged when we asked advisors what Indigo does for them:
1. We remove digital marketing from their plate, so they can focus on serving clients:
- “Takes the digital marketing off our plate.”
- “Takes marketing my practice off of my plate.”
- “Indigo affords me more time to serve my clients by taking some of the marketing tasks off of my plate.”
2. We help advisors stand out from the competition by clearly communicating who they are and what they do best.
- “Indigo provides me with a professional image and excellent content that’s unique.”
- “You help with my blog posts and digital footprint.”
- “You provide exposure for our brand and the chance to grow strategically.”
- “Indigo saves me time with my newsletter and social media.”
- “Indigo manages my company’s website and marketing.”
Interested in learning more?
That’s a wrap on the results of our 2020 Client Survey. I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to respond. We can’t wait to implement your feedback as we strive to make Indigo the best it can be.
If you feel like you don’t have the time or expertise to devote to your digital marketing strategy, we invite you to schedule a free marketing strategy session with our team. During this call, we’ll discuss your marketing challenges and goals. Then we’ll dive into what’s been working and ways you can improve. We look forward to chatting with you.
Looking for more ways to improve your marketing as a financial advisor? Find more information on our blog. Or learn more about how we help financial advisors just like you grow their businesses with our Total Marketing Package.