While you’re working from home, upload your contact lists to LinkedIn as an easy step to supercharge your marketing.
If you’re looking for an effective way to increase your online following, it doesn’t get any easier than LinkedIn. All you need is an exported contact list from your CRM, email marketing platform, or a spreadsheet of clients and prospects you created yourself. You can even use the CSV file you exported in Step 1 (see our previous article, “How To Grow Your Email List (Exporting Your Contacts & Importing To Mailchimp,” here).
Once you have that list in hand, you can easily add hundreds (or thousands) of new connections on LinkedIn in less than two minutes.
Tammy, our Director of Operations, walks you through exactly how to upload your contact lists to LinkedIn in the following video:
To recap what Tammy says, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- From your LinkedIn home dashboard, click the My Network tab at the top of the screen.
- Choose More Options from the left-hand navigation menu.
- You’ll see several upload methods appear on the screen. Click the Upload a File option (the last one in the list).
- Browse for your contact list and click Upload.
- You’ll then see a grid of all the people from your contact list who are on LinkedIn. Click the Select All checkbox, then select Add Connections.
- The next screen asks you if you want to send an invite to the people on your list who aren’t on LinkedIn. We recommend clicking Skip for this step.
Once you’ve gone through these seven steps, your connection invites are officially sent. Your prospects, clients, and colleagues will begin seeing your posts as soon as they accept your invitation.
If you’re stuck at home due to COVID-19, it’s the perfect time to invest in your marketing so you come out of this crisis poised for more success than ever. Take this step today and let us know if you get stuck, we’re happy to help.
Stay tuned for our next post where we’ll discuss another step to supercharge your marketing from home!
Looking for more ways to improve your financial advisor marketing? Find more information on our blog. Or learn more about how we help financial advisors just like you grow their businesses with our Total Marketing Package.