Do your marketing strategies need a second look?
It’s always a good idea to get a second opinion! Whether it’s for our health, our loved ones, or our career, getting more than one perspective can help us make more informed decisions. Doing research and gathering different opinions can give us more confidence in our choices and can often lead to better results.
Why don’t we treat our marketing strategies the same way?! There are many reasons we avoid getting a second opinion, such as being comfortable with the current strategies, fear of wasting money, not knowing where to start, or simply putting the change off for another day. Or we assume that if we keep doing what we’re doing, it will eventually work…
The Value of an Additional View
It’s always important to periodically review your marketing strategies to ensure they are successful and help you reach your goals. Receiving a second opinion can be incredibly valuable and beneficial for a variety of reasons. Here are three:
- Strengthen Your Strategy: When multiple professionals offer similar advice, it gives you the confidence that you’re on the right track. However, if their advice contradicts each other, each of them can explain why they’re making a certain recommendation and help you better understand your options.
- Eliminate Doubt: Some strategists can be biased toward certain plans due to how much they are paid. Getting a second opinion can help clear away any doubts you may have about your strategy.
- Two Heads Are Better Than One: Having two different perspectives on a strategy can help you avoid allocating precious dollars on marketing that just doesn’t work. Additionally, a team approach can help foster creativity.
Overall, it is highly recommended to get a second opinion for your marketing strategies whenever you can. Doing so can help you meet your goals in more ways than one.
What to Look for in a Second Opinion
So now that we are convinced of the benefits of seeking out a second opinion, what questions should you ask when getting additional advice?
- What is working for other advisors?
- What is not working for other advisors?
- How does my marketing strategy compare to other top advisors?
- Would you be open to reviewing my metrics?
- What are your custom recommendations for improving my marketing today?
How We Can Help
Marketing in an ever-changing financial services landscape can be complicated and overwhelming. In order to make the best decisions possible, it is important to work with a team experienced in marketing and the financial services industry.
When meeting with us, you can expect to have the opportunity to communicate what has been working (and what hasn’t!) in your marketing. We will then give you unbiased advice based on what we have seen work with other top advisors.
We want to help advisors maximize their marketing dollars and grow their businesses. If you think your marketing plan deserves a second opinion, we would love to meet with you. Plus, if you know an advisor that could use a second opinion, we’d love to hear from them too. Get in touch today to make sure your marketing strategy is helping you stand out from the crowd—not fade into the background.
For weekly marketing tips for financial advisors by video, subscribe to our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/IndigoMarketingAgency.