Now that you have Calendly set up (if not, read our previous post on setting it up here), it’s time to add it to your website. We recommend adding it as a floating Schedule A Call button that remains in the bottom right corner of your website at all times. Here’s an example of what we mean:
A floating button is beneficial because it allows prospects to quickly schedule a call with you—no matter where they are on your website. It also serves as a gentle reminder that you’re available to chat with them whenever they’re ready.
Adding the floating button to your site is easy, but it’s not intuitive. To figure out how to do it, watch the following video:
Or, follow these steps:
- Log on to your Calendly account and click the drop-down carrot next to the Account section at the top of the screen.
- Click Share Your Link from the drop-down menu, and click the blue box next to Add to Your Website.
- You’ll see three options for adding your link to your website: inline embed, pop-up widget, and pop-up text. Click Popup Widget, then Continue.
- Click Copy Code.
- Log in to the back end of your website.
- Navigate to the header section, which is where you can add code to every web page all at once.
Quick tip: Every website platform has the header section located in a different area. But just look for the word “header” in the back end of your website and you’ll know you’ve found the right place.
- Paste the code into the HTML header section and save it.
- Publish your website.
- View your live site to confirm that the floating button is at the bottom of every page.
The floating button has Calendly branding on it by default. If you want this removed, you can buy a Premium subscription to Calendly, which costs $8 per month. The paid version lets you create more than one event type, which could be worth the price depending on your situation.
If you’re stuck at home due to COVID-19, it’s the perfect time to invest in your marketing so you come out of this crisis poised for more success than ever. Take this step (and the previous steps we’ve covered) today and let us know if you get stuck, we’re happy to help.
Looking for more ways to improve your financial advisor marketing? Find more information on our blog. Or learn more about how we help financial advisors just like you grow their businesses with our Total Marketing Package.