Do you need webinar topic ideas?
First of all, congratulations! You’ve decided that a webinar is just what you need to warm up prospects and convert them into clients. But now the big question is: Which webinar topic do you choose?
There’s a lot of pressure weighing on this decision. The topic and title you choose for your webinar are two of the most important factors that will determine how well it performs. That’s why it’s worthwhile to do some research ahead of time to determine what topic will resonate most with your ideal clients.
In this article, we’ll go over:
- 7 top-performing webinar topic ideas for financial advisors
- A behind-the-scenes look at our webinar process and how we’ve used it to help some advisors land their biggest clients yet.
Which Webinar Topic Ideas Perform The Best?
At Indigo Marketing Agency, we’ve created over a hundred webinars for both our website and our clients’ websites. After years of testing and research, we’ve found that the topics that perform best are the ones that solve an urgent problem for your target audience.
Some top-performing webinar topic ideas for financial advisors are:
- # Ways to Reduce Unexpected Risk to Your Retirement Savings
- # Ways to Increase Your Social Security Payments
- # Ways to Boost Your Savings Before Retirement
- # Steps to Rebuild Your Retirement Savings After COVID-19
- # Ways to Maximize Your [COMPANY NAME] Retirement Plan Benefits
- # Tips for Living A Happy, Healthy, & Wealthy Retirement
- How to Choose the Best [COMPANY NAME] Pension Plan Payout for You
As you read through the titles on this list, you’ll find that they all have one thing in common: the topics are laser-focused around a central idea that adds a ton of value for the viewer. Whether they’re looking to boost their retirement savings or optimize their Social Security payments, they know that particular webinar will give them tangible advice on how to do it.
And that’s the whole point of a webinar—to have the viewer walk away thinking, “Wow, this advisor really understands what I’m going through.” Don’t be afraid to cover a specific webinar topic idea. If it’s too broad, it’ll blend in with everyone else.
How We Help Advisors Create a Custom Webinar That Speaks to Their Target Audience
At Indigo Marketing Agency, we offer custom webinar creation for financial advisors. We do all the heavy lifting ourselves by creating a 100% custom webinar that builds trust with your audience, converts more prospects, and gives them a low-stakes way to get to know you.
Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at our 9-step process:
1. We Help You Choose a Winning Topic
Before we ever make any topic recommendations, we have a complimentary strategy session with you where we talk about your firm, what you do, and who you serve best. Then, together, we strategize which webinar topic idea would resonate most with your ideal target audience.
2. We Write Your Presentation
After you choose a topic, our team gets to work creating two different documents for you: your webinar presentation and a communications kit. This communications kit contains all the copy needed for your:
- Registration page
- Invite emails
- Referral emails
- After-event emails
- LinkedIn campaign (which we’ll talk about later)
We write everything with compliance in mind and deliver it to you via email for you to review.
3. We Design Your Presentation
Once you and your compliance team approve the text-only version of your webinar and communications kit, we get started designing your presentation to match your firm’s website and branding.
Here are three examples of designed webinars we’ve created for financial advisors:
4. We Help You Record Your Presentation
Now that the designed presentation is in your hands, it’s time to record! This is where all the magic happens.
I hear a lot of advisors say, “I’m great at closing sales, if I can just get a prospect in my office where I can talk to them one-on-one.” Well, consider this recording an opportunity to do just that!
We encourage our advisors to present their webinar with as much enthusiasm and energy as they would if they were hosting an in-person seminar or meeting with a potential client in person. It’s your time to share your expertise, establish trust, and let your personality shine.
We give you a few video examples to follow when it’s time to record, and we give you a cheat sheet on how to make the process as smooth as possible.
5. We Automate Your Webinar So it Runs Automatically Every Day
Once you’ve finished recording, we give you a big ol’ congratulations and a virtual pat on the back because the hardest part is officially over. We then take your recording, edit the video, and automate it with our software so it runs on your website 24/7—even while you sleep!
6. We Create Your Registration Page
Once we’ve automated your webinar, we then create the registration page it’ll live on. This page is where prospects will go to sign up for your webinar. It contains a form that captures their name and email address when they sign up for a time slot, which then adds them to your email list where they’ll continue getting your email communications.
We don’t publish anything on your website without your permission, so you’ll get an email from us with all the preview links to review when they’re ready. Once you and compliance give the green light, we’ll hit the “go” button and make everything live.
7. We Create & Send All the Emails for Your Webinar
Remember that communications kit I mentioned in Step 2? It consists of four promotional emails for your webinar:
- An invite email (which we send out to your list once a month for three months)
- A referral email (asking current clients to share with anyone they know)
- A “watch the replay” email (for those who missed signing up for your webinar the first time)
- An after-event email (which thanks viewers for attending your webinar and invites them to schedule a call with you to learn more)
We write, set up, and automate all of these emails in your email marketing platform for you, so you never have to lift a finger. It’s 100% done for you.
8. We Add Your Webinar to Your Social Media Profiles
Another part of our promotional strategy includes adding a link to your webinar in the About sections of all your social media profiles. We also share the webinar across all your social media platforms twice a month for three months, giving it plenty of exposure.
9. We Promote Your Webinar on LinkedIn
The final part of the webinar process is setting up your LinkedIn campaign. This campaign sends out five connection requests a day to people in your target audience (300 invites total). Once they accept your invite, they get a private message introducing yourself, telling them more about your firm, and inviting them to register for your webinar.
Ready to Get Started?
There’s a lot of moving parts when it comes to creating a top-performing webinar, but that doesn’t mean you have to do it alone. We’ve created over 100 webinars for our website and our clients’ websites, and we’d love to help you do the same.
If you’d like help creating a winning webinar for your website, schedule a free strategy session with us. We’ll help you strategize the perfect topic, and then we’ll write, design, automate, and promote everything for you. The only thing you’ll need to do is approve the material and record your presentation when it’s time.
In as soon as a month, you can have a top-performing webinar that runs on your website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, helping you convert more leads in your sleep! Learn more about our webinar creation package here.
Want to learn how to do it yourself? We have tons of free webinars and articles on webinar creation. Check out these resources below and let us know if you have any questions! We’re always happy to help.
- Webinar Marketing For Financial Advisors (free webinar)
- Top Secrets Of Webinar Marketing for Financial Advisors (free webinar)
- The Ultimate Guide To Creating Your First Marketing Webinar (blog post)
- The 8 Technologies You’ll Need to Create Your First Webinar (blog post)
- How To Choose A Winning Webinar Topic Idea (For Financial Advisors) (blog post)
- Webinars: The Secret To Increasing Your Conversion Rate (blog post)
For weekly marketing tips for financial advisors by video, subscribe to our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/IndigoMarketingAgency.